Study abroad programs
Deadline: 10 Oct 2023 (Annual)
Study in: multiple countries
Course starts AY 2024-2025
In partnership with more than 140 countries worldwide, the Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers unparalleled opportunities in all academic disciplines to passionate and accomplished graduating college seniors, graduate students, and young professionals from all backgrounds. Program participants pursue graduate study, conduct research, or teach English abroad.
Universities, Academic Institutions, Organizations in 140 countries around the world
Types of Awards and Discipline:
Fulbright encourages applications from all fields, including interdisciplinary ones. View the different types of awards offered here.
Number of Awards:
Citizens or nationals of the United States of America (USA)
Grant benefits for all Fulbright U.S. Student grants include accident & sickness health benefits, 24/7 support line for urgent and non-urgent situations, 12 months of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) hiring status within the federal government and a stipend broadly based on the cost of living in the host country (funds may be used by the grantee to cover to room, board, and incidental costs during the grant period).
Grant lengths and dates vary by award.
- • Applicants must be citizens or nationals of the United States of America at the time of the application deadline. Permanent residents are not eligible. Please review the Award Description in relation to the eligibility of dual citizens.
- • Applicants must have a conferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent before the start of the grant period.
- In the creative and performing arts, four years of professional training and/or experience meets the basic eligibility requirement. If you are an Arts applicant and do not hold a BA, please email fbstudent[at]iie.org with your professional experience and educational history to confirm eligibility before beginning an application.
- • Applicants must meet the language requirements of the award to which they are applying and demonstrate sufficient competency to complete their project and adjust to life in the host country.
- • Applicants may hold a J.D. at the time of application.
- • Doctors of Medicine may receive grants for advanced academic study, but not for internships or residencies. Scholars with an M.D. degree who have completed their formal postgraduate training and propose attachment to a hospital or clinic for the purpose of independent or collaborative research should apply to the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. Grants shall not authorize activity for which a license to practice medicine or nursing is required. The Fulbright Program cannot authorize proposals for medical research that involves clinical training, patient care or patient contact.
View the full eligibility requirements.
Applications are done online. The 2024-2025 Competition deadline is 10 October 2023, Tuesday at 5 pm Eastern Time.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright
Related Scholarships: List of International Scholarships for Americans